I found a recipe recently that looked amazing. Of course, as usual, I changed it up a great deal. But I thought I’d share it with you.
Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 ripe organic tomatoes (I used one huge organic heirloom tomato)
- 1/2 teaspoons medium Himalayan sea salt
- organic spaghetti or any pasta you like (I used Ancient Harvest)
- 1 clove of organic garlic, smashed then diced
- 1/4 cup organic basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 TBS organic butter, cut into three or four pieces
- Organic Olive oil, as needed
- Season the tomatoes with the salt and toss them well.
- Put a big pot of water on to boil.
- Set garlic aside for a few minutes
- Cut the basil into ribbons or roughly chop it.
- Heat a teaspoon or two of the olive oil in a large saute’ pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook til just beginning to brown around the edges and soften. This takes a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta, drain it, put it back in the pot, and oil the pasta to keep it from sticking to itself
- Pour the tomatoes into a colander over the saute’ pan so that the tomato juice will drain into the pan below. Set the tomatoes in colander aside, in a bowl.
- Swirl the sauce to bring it to a simmer. Add the butter while continuing to swirl or stir the sauce. Keep the sauce moving until all the butter is melted. Add the basil, the pasta and toss to coat the pasta evenly. Divide the pasta two bowls and top with the tomatoes.
This recipe has a fresh taste that it impossible to beat! It is light, it is vegetarian and gives you fiber and nutrients as well.
While I changed this up a bit, I do give credit where credit is due. The original version came from Food52.com in the Genius Recipes section.