My quick and easy crab stuffed avocado will fool family and friends into thinking you’ve worked long and hard over lunch. Florida avocados are plentiful now, and they are delicious, healthy, high-fiber and will give you a really good dose of ‘good fats’.
QUICK AND EASY CRAB-STUFFED AVOCADO
- 1 medium to large Florida Avocado (You can use Haas if you can’t get the Florida version)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (scant)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery leaves/hearts
- scant 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Soy-free Veganaise (adjust to taste)
- 2 TBS prepared Dijon mustard (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup wild-caught lump crab meat, picked and cleaned
Mix onion, cilantro, lemon juice, mustard and Veganaise. Add crab meat and mix well.
Cut avocado into quarters if it’s really large, peal and arrange on plate. If it’s a medium size avocado, half an avocado will serve one person. (Image above shows avocado half not pealed). Fill with Crab Salad and garnish.
I made this last week with a larger avocado than shown and it made a very healthy, filling six (6) servings.
**WARNING** Do not make this or any dish from the ‘crab stick’ or other fake lobster or seafood products. What is it? It’s the sweepings from the floor at a fish processing facility! NASTY!!!!